Summary: What is true worship?
Scripture: 1 Chronicles 16:23-31
23 Sing to the Lord, all the earth!Tell of his salvation from day to day. 24 Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples! 25 For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised, and he is to be feared above all gods. 26 For all the gods of the peoples are worthless idols, but the Lord made the heavens. 27 Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy are in his place. 28 Ascribe to the Lord, O families of the peoples, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength! 29 Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; bring an offering and come before him! Worship the Lord in the splendor of holiness; 30 tremble before him, all the earth; yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved. 31 Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice, and let them say among the nations, “The Lord reigns!”
What worship IS!
- Acknowledging His salvation. (23-27)
- Acknowledging His holiness. (28-30)
- Acknowledging His goodness. (30-31)
What worship is NOT!
- Entertaining the masses. (Acts 2:34-37)
- Embracing the world. (Colossians 2:8)
- Editing the Word. (2 Timothy 4:3)
What The Gospel IS NOT:
- It is NOT going to church
- It is NOT reading the Bible
- It is NOT doing good things
- It is NOT believing in God
What The Gospel IS:
- Recognize we are sinners (Ro. 3:23)
- Know that our sin separates us from God (Is. 59:2)
- Realize we owe a debt for that sin (Ro. 6:23)
- Accept that this makes us an enemy of God (James 4:4; Ro. 5:10)
- Understand that Jesus paid that debt on the Cross (Colossians 2:14)
- Confess and believe (Ro. 10:9-10)